Encyclopedia of Religion and FilmBook - 2011
Comprising 91 A-Z entries, this encyclopedia provides a broad and comprehensive introduction to the topic of religion within film.
* Presents 91 A-Z entries that illuminate topics of geographic and regional interest, biographic data, categories common in the study of religion, and examinations of specific films or film-related events
* Contains contributions from a remarkable group of distinguished, well-published authorities and younger scholars, all with relevant backgrounds in religion, film, culture, or multiple areas of expertise
* Includes images of important film directors as well as film stills
* Provides selected bibliographic information regarding the intersection of religion and film that supplements the "for further reading" section of each entry
* Offers an indexed filmography of works noted throughout the encyclopedia, providing significant information about each film, such as year released, director, and major actors